Saturday, December 18, 2010

Try: Revisiting that bucket list

This blog is part of a series of posts that chronicle my participation in Reverb 10. Reverb 10 is an online event that encourages its participants to reflect on the past year and gear up for what's to come in the next. A prompt is given each day to fuel some personal reflection. Although I'm a little late on starting the challenge, I'm still looking forward to 18 days of honesty, acceptance, and growth.

December 18 – Try

What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it? (Author: Kaileen Elise)

I don't really feel that my reflection on this prompt can be limited to just this past year or the coming year, but on my life as whole. I have always been timid and very anxious (almost fearful) about trying new things. I assume that I won't enjoy something new or that it won't be a worthwhile experience. One of my goals, not just in the new year, but in the future as a whole, is to keep my mind open about new experiences. This was my intent when I created my bucket list of 30 Things To Do Before I Turn 30. It is a list of things that I have either been too afraid to try or didn't think I was able to try. I've already completed two items on the list, and I will be keeping the rest of the list in my mind as I enter 2011.

Check out my bucket list posts:

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! I love how you opened the prompt up to your whole life, not just this year & next. Good luck with your bucket list in 2011!

    ReplyDelete