- Being busy with last-minute shopping and Christmas activities interrupted my participation in Reverb 10, but here are the posts I did complete: Beyond Avoidance, Future Self
- Justin and I drove back home from So-Ill/Kentucky. The drive got kind of terrible around Champaign thanks to awful snow and awful drivers, but we made it better by stopping at one of the adult superstores advertised on the side of I-57. The place looked like it would be a dump and totally creepy but IT WAS NOT, I SWEAR. This place had some high-quality products and the employees were tremendously helpful and professional. I was thisclose to venturing into a video booth, but I lost my nerve. I would recommend this place to travellers if I knew where the hell it was.
- I missed this week's lunar eclipse because of two factors: 1. the intense fog that hung over the Chicago area that night and 2. my tendency to fall into a coma-like slumber after popping a few sleeping pills. (Don't worry, guys, I have a legit prescription for legit insomnia. My pill popping is doctor recommended.)
- Went to the mall three days before Christmas. I don't understand the point of bringing a child under the age of TWO to see Santa at the mall. The babies are crying and overtired, the moms are frustrated and crabby, and the mall Santas have to hold some stranger's creaming baby. NO ONE WINS IN THIS SITUATION. Except for me, as it makes an awesome people-watching opportunity.
- I baked chocolate oatmeal candies AND I DID NOT SCREW THEM UP. They are now all gone.
Sunday, December 26, 2010
My week in bullet points: December 20-26, 2010
Merry Belated Christmas, y'all! Holiday activities have affected my blogabilities, but I still lived this week, so here's a recap of my week, just in case you missed it.