Sunday, March 13, 2011

My week in bullet points: March 7-13, 2011

Fairly uneventful week. Working on trying to change that. Here's my week in bullet points, just in case you missed it.
  • Made a major life decision that I'm not ready to talk about on the blog. I'm still processing my feelings and I can't shake the assumption that I need  to justify my decisions to other people. When the time comes, I'll fill y'all in, don't worry.
  • The Diving Bell and the Butterfly is a fantastic film that will, surprisingly, not bum you out. Watch it.
  • Justin and I have reached Season 3 of our grand Gilmore Girls journey. I have to say, this has been a special journey for the both of us. I've taken someone else on a Gilmore Girls journey before, but this has been great because Justin has his own opinions on the characters that I would have never considered before. Yes, we bicker a bit when I remind him that some of these characters are making their decisions because they're teenagers so we should cut them the teensiest bit of slack, but we also discuss characters' intentions and actions like intelligent adults. Sometimes, Justin will actually change opinions that I have held for five years because he sees the world differently and has different experiences than I do and can therefore make a compelling argument. (This is all great, but I am confident that Justin won't be so keen on Christopher come Season 5).
  • I'M QUARANTINED! Yesterday morning, I awoke to discover that my left tonsil was the size of Neptune and swallowing was too difficult and too painful. Upon an actual examination, said tonsil filled up half my throat and was super red and angry. After a few hours of telling myself the swelling would go down and taking 20 minutes to eat half a Jello cup, I had my dad drive me to an Immediate Care Center. My doctor had no time for stories about how that tonsil has always been just a little bigger, no appreciation for my nervous charms, none of it. He clearly set a goal of meeting with me, diagnosing me, and treating me in under 2 minutes. Dude shone a light down my throat, asked me if I was allergic to penicillin, and then left. No swab necessary. WORLD RECORD! So today, since I have been diagnosed with "presumed Strep," I am downing Gatorade like there's no tomorrow and avoiding people at all costs.
I realize that two of those bullet points are hella long and probably deserved their own posts, whatever, I'm in a transitional period.

How was everyone else's week?

No comments:

Post a Comment